Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'd like to stick an armadillo in a blender..

Sory if this like..pisses someone off. I cant remember who reads my blog and who doesnt, so Im wingin it! nom nom nom! oh and btw. I totally had pizza hut on saturday and it was almost orgaaasmic. jk. it wasnt orgasmic, but it was pretty damn good. and good golly gee willikers, the drama from that night helped create this piece fo shit!

“I’m not your girlfriend, so even if I had done something with him, you don’t have a reason to get pissed at me.” I pulled the zipper up on my coat so hard; I almost pulled the tab off. I just wanted to get to my car and go home and go to bed. Jerk, getting mad at me for hanging out with my guy friend. The strap of my raggedy, black tote bag started to fall from my shoulder. It matched my black coat and work pants which were also black. I felt like a part of team death squad.
I fumed. Nick had been trying to date me for about two months now, and the thought of it makes me want to kick a cat (I wouldn’t really do that). He’s always following me around and talking. Im usually trying to get away and zoning out. Blah. Wind picked up and a light snow began to fall, decorating my black attire with white flakes that look more like dandruff until they slowly melt and dissapear. I stopped next to the old, graffiti covered parking garage and glanced up at the clouds. Snow. I hate it. A figure on the garage wall caught my eye.
I couldn’t figure out what it was. A bird? No, it’s too big to be a bird; it isnt shaped like a cat. Oh my god. I pressed the ‘end’ button on my cell and dialed 911. My heart rate picked up. I could hear it in my ears as my stomach tightened. Please don’t let it be a person up there. The figure stood there, unmoving. The clouds of air coming from my warm breath came faster as my breath quickened.
“911, what’s your emergency?” The voice was a woman’s was nasally, like those stereotypical operator voices. My eyes didn’t move from the figure.
“Hello? I’m on the college campus by the parking garage. I think someone may be about to jump from it.” My voice shook as I talked to the voice on the other end.
“Remain calm, Ma’am. Can you give me a direct address?” The figure moved. I felt my insides tighten.
A scream, then a thud.
“Ma’am? Ma’am? Are you still there?” I dropped my phone. I kept my face turned up, afraid of what I was about to see, next to me on the sidewalk. My hand moved to my cheek to wipe away the blood. Blood? I looked at my hand—blood.
I turned my eyes down to the sidewalk first, and then turned my head. Blood. So much of it. I heard people screaming, shouting. Someone grabbed my arm, pulling me away from the bloody disarray of a body. It was a girl. It felt like I was falling. Then I heard another scream. Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment