Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pathetic, Lame, etc.

Okay, I'm still pretty nervous to post this (butterflies n everything), so don't make fun of me.
I don't really know what else to say...so here it is...

Consolations after uncontrolled emotions

He moves diligently to assure everything is in order
His eyes glance up to meet mine
The look holds for a second, giving intimacy unbeknownst to others
There are large, brown boxes scattered on the floor
They beckon to be opened and rummaged through
So their hidden treasures may be correctly placed and organized
Their sparse knowledge of any emotion profounds
And I feel the urge to dutifully pilfer through the cardboard cubes
Anything to stay in this moment
A kitten unknowingly pounces on a snake,
Like the creeping fear of an untold prophecy
His laugh shakes me from my daze
The simplicity of being together--just opening boxes,
Gives me something to hope for...

Okay, you can point and laugh now. I'm going to go be dramatic…

1 comment: