Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fractions

We stand outside in the night air,
The three of us.
Two inhaling sweet smoke into our lungs.
Two feeling hurt and confused.
Two just trying to solve a problem.
In each equivalent, one oblivious.

How did I mistrust one?
How did I not meet one sooner?
The yellow night lamp matches the moon.

We stand together,
Like three stars in the same galaxy.
Close enough to know,
Far enough to not understand.
And I can't stop thinking about him,

Wondering where I messed up.
Was it when I held his hand?
Was I too girly?
Or was I too myself?
They laugh,
And I forget to laugh with them,
Like I'm not zoned out.
I smile.
I’m still here with them.

Was it when I sat so close to him?
I could use another drink.
So we go inside.
The three of us.
Two having a bud.
Two feeling defeated.
Two trying to find a solution.
In each equivalent, one oblivious.

No comments:

Post a Comment